Lou-Rich Engineering utilizes an integrated product development process merging initial product concept, design and processes with manufacturing and support. Our team approach includes members from all disciplines who influence products throughout development and production. We implement your project within a structured methodology of detailed procedures and guidelines. Our focus is to develop a close relationship with you to deliver innovative design and lean manufacturing solutions.
Our strict design control process, under the guidelines of ISO 9001, ensures all key elements on new or existing products are covered from prototype to production.
- Your requirements are identified through our "Design Input" process. Product design reviews continuously track these requirements throughout the life of the design process.
- "Design Output" reviews confirm all requirements identified during the input process are met.
- "Verification" and "Validation" is achieved when the design conforms to your needs, this includes testing under simulated or actual conditions.
- Complete product engineering documentation and specification
- Controlled by ISO 9001:2008
- Skilled engineering and design staff
- Concept development
- Multiple CAD formats
- SolidWorks® / ProE
- 3D printing / prototype build and testing
Project Management Tools
- Project charters define project scope, key milestones, and identify resources and project team members.
- Estimate costs and provide project proposals and product quotes.
- Project timelines track major tasks and milestones and identify the critical path.
- Scheduled status reports track project performance and timelines.
Manufacturing Process Development
- "Best practice" manufacturing is followed from the start of project planning, into product design, and throughout the product life cycle.
- We map processes to identify the most cost-effective approach.
- We follow strict methodology to calculate, document, and implement the correct manufacturing process.
- We increase productivity through constant evaluation and improvement of inputs (design, labor, material, equipment) to meet or exceed quality and quantity goals. The objective is to identify shared cost savings.
Design For Manufacturability
- Enhance product functionality
- Improve product quality
- Reduce overall costs to the customer
- Explore new materials
- Utilize current processes or develop new ones
Key Advantages For You
- Team Approach
- Prototype to full production capabilities
- Design for manufacturability
- In-house tool design and build
- Skilled engineering staff:
- Project management
- Product design
- Material sourcing
- Mechanical Assembly
- Lean Manufacturing Solutions
- Painting & Finishing